Saturday, February 16, 2008

Waking in London

It's just gone 6am, and I am sitting in the Youth Hostel with a massive cup of coffee to help me to wake up. I am going to walk to the Great Portland tube station as soon as I am done, then go to Paddington Station and get the Heathrow express.
I am actually quite excited now - it seems that I will be in Los Angeles quite soon, by 5pm, although that is local time and in fact due to the twelve hour flight it will actually be almost this evening (possibly technically the small hours of tomorrow morning) before I arrive.
Meeting Alistair yesterday was nice, his flat is walk up the Strand (trust him to choose the location with Pet Shop Boys lyrics!!) and we had a nice meal at a Sushi restaurant (not too much food, but enough - I wasn't feeling all that hot).
His flat is awesome, spoiled only somewhat by the necessity of his having to share it with two other people (who seemed nice enough). Whilst were at dinner, he mentioned that an ex school colleague of ours had just been heavily involved in setting up a stright to CD radio play for the BBC Sci-Fi range, called The Brightonomicon, from a book (I think) by Neil Gaiman. Oddly enough, Paul was telling me all about this a few days ago. The cast is huge and impressive, and includes Andy Serkis (Gollum in the LOTR trilogy, well the voice anyway) and David Warner (cult credits too numeroud to mention). Al is going to put us in touvh with Neil Garnder for a possible interview on Cadmium2.
Right. I'm going to finish my coffee. Next blog: LA!

No comments: