Friday, February 15, 2008

Going to LA

Okay, this is another attempt by me to keep by Blog uptodate. I m not going to pretend that I will managed to make an entry every single day, but I will try and do something a little more frequently than I have been managing.
So why today? Well, I have been off work for almost two weeks with depression (the place actually makes me feel physically sick when I set foot there, which is not good!) and tomorrow I fly out to Los Angeles, to join Wendy (my friend, who is the presenter of the Sending a Wave podcast) who flew out earlier in the week. I fly from Heathrow before midday, so I have decided to spend the night in London (in a Youth Hostel) and just tube it to the airport tomorrow.
So, as I write, I am in a cybercafe in Charing Cross Road, writing this. It is about half five ish, and once I have finished doing this (and drinking my Americano) I am going to see Alistair, an old friend from school that I have recently got back in touch with, as a result of using Facebook.
So where else is my life at the moment? Well, I am almost terminally single (there is a person who I like, she knows it, but it's not going anywhere so I am deliberately going Cold Turkey at the moment, which is hard, because I enjoy her company but at the moment is going nowhere is not helping with my depression. I will keep in touch with her, just not for the next little while. Not that I will avoid her, if she contacts me, which she has a habit of doing out of the blue) then I will of course talk to her).
Where else? Well, I produce two podcasts, both of which are going rather well. The first, Sending a Wave (which is about the TV show/movie Firefly/Serenity) has been going about eighteen months now, and gets a really decent number of listeners. There are two other Firefly related podcasts out there that are bigger than us (well, there are probably several more, but the two I mention, Firefly Talk and The Signal focus on the series to the same level we do and are not general Whdeon or Sci-Fi podcasts). Our podcast is on the verge if getting much bigger, we hope, becuase on Tuesday Wendy bagged an interview with the one and only Nathan Fillion, star of Firefly and a man who has never talked to a Firefly podcast before. This is a massive scoop for us, and as long as Wendy hasn't done anything silly like wipe the recording (I'm sure she hasn't, I'm sure she hasn't, I'm sure she hasn't, I'm sure she hasn't!!!) it will really get us noticed. We have not announced this yet.
The other podcast is called Cadmium2, and covers cult British Film, TV and radio and that is also getting quite big. We generally review stuff on this show (well, bicker and tear apart about) but it is also getting a decent amount of attention (not as much as Sending a Wave, but I personally think that is just a matter of time, we have been going properly only about seven months).
Well, I have almost finished my coffee, and I am going to head for Al's. I will add more either tonight or tomorrow from the airport.
And I have a couple of Facebook friends who I think read this thing: Hello to Shell (there will be pictures of what happens in LA as soon as I take some either here or on Facebook) and Hannah A (you're still gorgeous, by the way xxx!) And possibly Paul, so my message to him is: can you bring that shirt I felt in the wardrobe at your house back next time you come over, or when you see my sister?
TTFN.

1 comment:

Paul said...

You LEFT a few things in my wardrobe last time you stayed mate. But if you can tell me which shirt you FELT I'll do my best to bring it along :)

Hope LA is fun.

P