Friday, September 07, 2007

News and Stuff

Three things have made me want to comment today. Firstly, the story of Madelaine McCann. It rather looks like her parents accidentally killed her. This is very sad, however I had a gut instinct that something was wrong with their behaviour. What I am more upset about is all of the media hype that they have generated with their protestations of innocence. An absolute fortune has been spent worldwide on the hunt, I mean they even met the Pope for fucks sake, and threatened to sue a paper that suggested that they might have something to do with it. I don’t believe for one moment that what happened was deliberate, but to try and pretend that she is missing is awful. I bet they were almost creaming themselves when one newspaper had a go at someone who dared to suggest they might have had something to do with it. It is all very, very sad and I feel sorry for the surviving children. Because if there is any truth in what has been announced today the fuckers deserve to rot in prison forever.
Secondly, I watched the new sitcom starring Nick Lyndhurst (After You’ve Gone). I wanted to sit here and slag it off, and had it stayed the same as the first half I would have done. In fact, the second part, where they were all in an internet chatroom, at least some of them oblivious to the fact they were all talking to each other, it was actually funny. Yes, we have a new sitcom that was genuinely good. The only thing that threw me was the fact that Celia Imrie was meant to be Lyndhursts mum – they look about the same age now, so my initial assumption was that they had split up and were living in the same house for the sake of the kids. I can’t work out if Imrie looks too young of it Lyndhurst has just aged really badly. No, that’s a lie. It’s the latter!
It may go downhill again, but for now, After You’ve Gone is firmly wedged onto the series link button on my Sky Plus planner.
The third and final thing that I want to say is to Jonathan Ross: have a fucking shave, you look like a tit.

No comments: