Yup, I have a plan. It was my 35th birthday a few days ago, and I am the heaviest that I have been for many, many years. And this could go on, well, until I die, which I think will be sooner unless I reduce me.
I have two main problems at the moment (well, in terms of my weight, anyway!!!) - one is that I eat too much crap. And the other is that I rarely exercise.
Now, I am not a huge fan of exercise, but the one I really do enjoy is cycling. A couple of summers ago, when I was a lot fitter than I am now, I spent a contented week and a half cycling around Cornwall. I would kill myself if I tried it now - at that point I was going to the gym three times a week. I hate the gym, and have only once managed to motivate myself go regularly go for more than a few weeks. I tried five months ago again, and failed, I gave up after three weeks.
So this is my plan: firstly, foodwise, I will take a packed lunch and no money to work with me. (Or enough to have beans on toast for breakfast). And for the second, I will cycle five miles per day, fifty per week.
Now, the mathematicians out there will cry "hang on, that twat can't do his maths! Five times seven is thirty five!" and they'd be right. I want to do a minimum of five per day, and I want to do twenty miles once per week (on a day that I am not working). In fact, my ultimate aim is to be fit enough to cycle to work once per week, and that is a round trip of thirty miles, and I am a little way off being fit enough for that. I will not set a time limit for that, but I will do fifty miles per week, five miles per day, and I will time how long that takes me. For the five miles I will do the same route every day - today it took me 26 minutes, which I hope to improve on. There are ways of adding to that route, so as it takes me less time to do (as I get fitter) I will add chunks on here and there.
Well, that's me motivated. Now I'm off for a Big Mac.
Kidding!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment