Thursday, August 30, 2007

Getting things done!

Well, I am off work until two weeks from today and I have really got lots done today. I joined Facebook a few weeks ago and never bothered to do anything with it, but yesterday I set up one group for each podcast I am involved with plus made an effort to Friend some people, and it's great! It's a good way of keeping in touch (I friended Emma and Jody today, and sent some requests off to people I have not seen of heard from in years, such as Al Knight. I am trying to get the courage up to contact James Goss, but I will work on that!)

Mike and I recorded and advert for Cadmium 2 that he wrote today, and we also put an ad for the podcast in SFX magazine (it should be in the next issue or the one after). I am also going to join some news groups and pimp it there - perhaps there are some Facebook groups I can pimp it on as well! We also got permission from Nick at Big Finish to use some of their trailers on Cadmium 2, so that is cool as well.

So, the ironing is almost all done, I am tidying the place up a bit, and we have a clear direction on the podcasts! (We even decided to start a fourth show, about random stuff, to be called "The Fourth Show: Off Topic" to be recorded as and when we want to. And we have decided to record some stuff for Jump The Shark next time we all get together. So that will be five podcasts from Futility Radio! Blimey, I'm turning into Michael Meningay!!!)

Going to play more with Facebook now. I have uploaded some photos, and linked this blog to the Notes section. Just need to write. Which means thinking up a story. Hmmm.

No comments: