Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Discipline!

In my last entry, I was moaning about how much work I had to do for the two podcasts that I produce and edit. Well, that was over a month ago, and something has happened in that last month. I think it is perhaps the realisation that, especially with Cadmium II which involves people outside the immediate group, I need to produce things quicker. I was moaning that I had loads to do. Since then, I have managed to change, to work on the theory that it is better to have no outstanding editing.

For example, we recoded three podcasts over the weekend – one Sending a Wave, and two Cadmium II’s. The Sending a Wave isn’t due out until the 12th September, and is the only episode me are doing that month. How impressive is this: it is already edited and on the server. There are due to be two shows in October, for which there are two reports that have to be pre-edited. I have done both of them. Regarding the Cadmium II’s we are looking at show 8 (Doctor Who – The Daleks) which I will edit tomorrow. I have already edited show 9 (The Tomorrow People: The Slaves of Jedikiah) and will do show 8 tomorrow.

With Cadmium II, we are releasing show 3 tonight. Show 4 is the interview (unless we don’t get it back in time in which case I will bring a future show forward). Shows 5 (James Bond 18) is edited, Show 6 (Doctor Who: Tribe of Gum) is edited, show 7 (The Stone Tape) is all edited I am just waiting for a clip from Paul – it’s a fifteen minute job once he does that. Show 8 I am doing tomorrow, show 9 is done. Once these are done, as we are releasing two per month, that means the September shows are 4 & 5, October is 6 & 7 and November is 8 & 9. So as you can see I am well ahead of the game.

I still have some other things I want to get ahead on. Washing for example. For the last three months there has been a huge pile of ironing in my bedroom, I have been ironing as I need. Over the last two days I have done three loads and ironed them. I am rewashing the pile in the bedroom, and ironing them as I go. It seems less big a deal that way.

The only habit I need to get into now is regular cleaning and writing. But I am working on it all!

No comments: