Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Not feeling so good...

9am.
I woke up this morning at about six and couldn't get back to sleep. Yesterday I intended to get lots of Geochaching done, however I got really bad hayfever and only got two caches done (it would have been four but there seemed to be loads of people everywhere!) By the time I got home my eyes had swelled up, and the whites of my right eye seemed to shrivel up when I moved my eye as though there was an old plastic contact lens stuck in there (although there wasn't). I felt awful, and spent the rest of the day lazing around.
Today, I don't feel much better. I am back at work for the first time since Friday night (I worked nights last week) and I think I am still jetlagged, I am sure that is why I woke up so bloody early.
Killed time by listening to a load of podcasts. I am several Bablyon Podcast's behind, so I listened to a few of those.
I need to edit some of our own podcasts (I have 5 Cadmium 2's to edit, and a Sending a Wave, and a Futility Writ Big). I need to get the SaW out this week (it won't take long to edit, I just need to get motivated to do it). I am struggling to get motivated to do anything, I keep meaning to go back to the Doctor. I was on anti-depressants last year, and never properly finished the course, which I need to do, as I can feel myself going downhill again. Not rapidly, not as bad as I have been, but I can feel myself going that way.
Still, I don't have to leave for work until eleven thirty or so, so I am going to try and write something. Don't know what. I have a silly idea set around a supermarket and a time machine. Not sure on the details yet, but it could be fun. Perhaps based on the comedy series I started to write, "Any Other Business" which was set in a highly exaggerated supermarket, and I was planning one episode involving time travel. Hmm, now there's a thought!

11pm.
Back from work. Before I went, I managed to write over one thousand words on the afrorementioned topic. All I need to do now is to manage the same for another two hundred days and I will be finished!
I am also reading three books at the moment. I have started reading Tony Hawk's "Piano in the Pyrenees" which is fun. I am flicking though a Famous Five book (the first - in a moment of nostalgia I bought the first four books online!)
And finally, I am reading extracts from the diaries of Alistair Campbell - "The Blair Years." It is in the bathroom so that I can read it when I am taking a shit. Seems appropriate somehow.

No comments: